Shengyi Mao, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-7980
About MeAs an internist and pediatrician I help my patients to improve their health and quality of life through preventative care and wellness initiatives. I enjoy treating patient of all cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds, and I love learning about the unique healthcare needs of different patients.
Working at Ohio State allows me to be part of a large network of physicians. I love the opportunity I have to collaborate with them as well as the opportunity to continue growing and learning.
When I’m not working I enjoy reading, traveling, cooking, eating and spending time with my family and friends.
- Assistant clinical professor of internal medicine
- Lead physician for Ohio State Internal Medicine at Grandview
- Member, American College of Physicians, the National Med-Peds Residents' Association, the American Medical Association and the American Association of Pediatrics
- My research interests include preventative care, maternal-fetal health and global health
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2012 - 6/30/2015
More About My Work
153 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.6 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.6
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.3
- Shows Respect 4.7
- Time Spent Together 4.7
33 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Mao has reported no relationships with companies or entities.