Sondos Al Sad, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2700
About MeAs a family medicine physician, I place a strong emphasis on preventative health, women’s health, mental health and pediatrics. I take a comprehensive approach to care and pay close attention to the unique needs of each patient. I work with individuals of all ages and backgrounds, and I encourage my patients to ask questions and actively engage to ensure the best outcomes.
To fulfill my infinite passion towards a healthier community, I spend my time learning about different populations, current clinical guidelines and community resources. My goal is to translate my efforts into promoting health literacy and public health to help as many people as possible.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the opportunity to teach doctors-to-be on a regular basis in the clinic. There’s nothing better than teaching and advocating on both ends of the spectrum – providers and patients. I also enjoy the collaborative atmosphere that Ohio State nutures. I work with a dedicated team of clinicians who provide excellent care and help to create a true patient-centered home.
When I’m not working I enjoy spending time with family and friends, reading novels, cooking and observing nature.
- Presented a poster on ‘Impact of Low Back Pain in Women is Different’ at the Cleveland Clinic Women’s Health Conference for Primary Care, 2018
- Presented on the positive effects of longitudinal clerkships for medical students at the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, 2018
- Active in women's health research and currently working on improvements in care for women of childbearing age who are experiencing low back pain
Additional Languages I Speak
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center
7/1/2013 - 6/30/2015
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
204 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.7
29 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Al Sad has reported no relationships with companies or entities.