Stephanie Cook, DO
- Family Medicine
- Osteopathic Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 688-0711
About MeAs a family medicine physician, I specialize in treating anxiety, asthma, depression, diabetes, hypertension, soft tissue injuries, sprains and strains. I work to improve my patients’ quality of life through compassionate care, disease management and preventative medicine. I am especially interested in providing care to underserved communities, and have been an educator at the Columbus Free Clinic for nearly twenty years.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because of the uniquely collaborative and supportive atmosphere. We work together to continually improve patient care and outcomes.
In my free time I enjoy gardening, reading, walking and spending time with friends and family over good food.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
- Volunteer, Columbus Free Clinic
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Preventive Medicine
- Occupational Health Services
- Men's Health
- Disease Management
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Women's Health
- Family Planning Services
- Athletic Injuries
- Continuity of Patient Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1987 - 6/30/1989
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
336 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
66 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Cook has reported no relationships with companies or entities.