Stephen Thung, MD
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2222
About MeI practice in obstetrics and gynecology, with an emphasis on the treatment of diabetes during pregnancy. I help my patients manage this risk to keep them and their babies safe.
My approach to patient care places a strong emphasis on informing my patients. I help them to understand the risks and management of diabetes. I communicate with them about this and other aspects of managing their care. It's important to me to educate my patients so that we can work together to create an individualized plan of care.
When caring for my patients, I’m mindful of their family and friends who support them during their pregnancy and birth. I work together with my patients and their family to create positive, family-centric care plans.
This work is very rewarding, including the many benefits of being at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. We have great clinical teams here. There are many excellent professionals all working together to keep our patients healthy and safe.
- Director, Obstetrical Service
- Chair, Obstetrical Patient Safety Council
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2014–2018
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Pregnancy Complications
- Women's Health
- Substance-Related Disorders
- Endocrine System Diseases
- Preconception Care
- Infectious Disease Transmission, Vertical
- Pregnancy, High-Risk
- Reproductive Health
- Diabetes, Gestational
- Premature Birth
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Bellevue Hospital Center
7/1/1999 - 6/30/2002
OB/GYN / Maternal Fetal Medicine
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
7/1/2002 - 6/30/2005
More About My Work
American Board of OB/GYN
American Board of OB/GYN (Subspecialty: Maternal & Fetal Medicine)
34 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.2
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 4.9
9 Patient Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Thung has reported no relationships with companies or entities.