Thuan Ly, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2663
About MeAs a fellowship-trained orthopedic traumatologist, I have the knowledge and skillset to manage any and all fractures. Some of the most common conditions I treat include fractures of the ankle, tibia, femur, hip, pelvis, acetabular and clavicle as well as articular fractures. I believe in educating patients about their injuries while encouraging them to optimize their recovery through means such as physical therapy, family support and smoking cessation. I take great pride in my work and focus on the perfect execution of each surgery I perform.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because of the excellent communication among departments and the multi-disciplinary approach to patient care. Our dedicated faculty and staff ensure top quality care for all patients with conditions ranging from isolated orthopaedic injuries to more complex polytraumas.
I enjoy spending my free time with my spouse and three children. I make every effort to attend my children's sporting events and activities. I also enjoy experiencing new authentic restaurants and grilling outdoors.
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2016–2018
- Director, Orthopaedic Trauma, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2015–present
- AO Trauma and Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) faculty – Invited to teach at both national and international trauma courses, 2008–present
- OSU Department of Emergency Medicine Outstanding Contribution Award, 2016–2017
- Co-chair, Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA) Resident Comprehensive Fracture Course, 2019
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Fractures, Ununited
- Pelvic Bones
- Fractures, Bone
- Intra-Articular Fractures
- Multiple Trauma
- Fractures, Malunited
- Hip Fractures
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota Medical Center
7/1/2001 - 6/30/2005
Carolinas Medical Center (Morrison Mgmt)
8/1/2005 - 7/31/2006
More About My Work
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
82 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.6
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.7
15 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Ly has reported no relationships with companies or entities.