Todd Barrett, MD
- Palliative Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4299
About MeAs a palliative medicine physician at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in cardiac palliative medicine, mechanical circulatory support and heart failure.
I provide comprehensive symptom, psychosocial and spiritual support for patients with advanced illness. I work to help our medical team formulate patient-centered and family-centered care plans through preparedness planning and addressing my patients’ goals.
My favorite part about working here at Ohio State is the opportunity to work in a collaborative and cutting-edge environment where we are able to provide excellent patient care.
When I’m not working, I enjoy reading, bowling and following college sports. I’m also interested in photography.
- President elect of Heart Failure SIG American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Assistant director of Supportive Care Medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Research interests include integration of palliative medicine into mechanical circulatory support and quality of life in advanced heart therapies/mechanical circulatory support
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Palliative Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Kansas School of Medicine
University of Chicago Hospitals
7/1/2009 - 6/30/2012
Massachusetts General Hospital
7/1/2012 - 6/30/2013
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Hospice and Palliative Medicine)
American Board of Pediatrics
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Barrett has reported no relationships with companies or entities.