Uday Nori, MBBS
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-6724
About MeAs a transplant nephrologist, I specialize in kidney and pancreas transplantation, where I provide long-term care to my patients. In addition to overseeing transplant function, I work to preserve my patients’ general health so they can live longer, healthier lives. I am always striving to maintain mutually trusting relationships with my patients and their families.
I believe in developing strong relationships with my patients in order to understand the nuances of their health issues. The majority of the patients that I see have several co-morbid conditions and their long-term wellbeing is heavily dependent on the understanding of their conditions and adhering to their treatment plans. I find it incredibly fulfilling to see my patients return to healthy, productive and independent lives after successful transplants.
Ohio State has one of the largest kidney transplant centers in the nation and I enjoy working with all of the excellent transplant physicians here. I also appreciate the many opportunities I’ve had over the years to build a career in education, research and administration, in addition to clinical work.
When I’m not working, I like to spend time reading, relaxing with my family and enjoying the outdoors.
- Program director, Neurology fellowship
- “Excellence in Teaching” award, College of Medicine, 2013
- “Excellence in Teaching” award, Department of Internal Medicine, 2015
- Member of the Board of Directors for the National Kidney Foundation Ohio
- Involved in a number of community-based programs and services to promote awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2017–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Kidney Diseases
- Kidney Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Rangaraya Medical College
National Health Service Hospital- United Kingdon
8/1/1992 - 6/30/1995
Henry Ford Health Systems
7/1/1995 - 6/30/1999
Henry Ford Health Systems
7/1/2002 - 6/30/2004
7/1/2004 - 6/30/2005
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Nephrology)
139 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.6 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.6
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.6
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.7
- Time Spent Together 4.6
23 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Nori has reported no relationships with companies or entities.