Vibhor Krishna, MBBS
- Neurological Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (855) 255-0550
About MeAs a neurosurgeon, I specialize in neuromodulation and functional neurosurgery. When it comes to patient care, empathy is fundamental to my approach and interaction with patients. As a clinician-scientist, I’m involved in patient-centered research to improve and advance our care. I’m very passionate about discovering new treatments for conditions that were originally thought to have no cure.
In this emerging field, I focus on improving my patient’s quality of life by applying electrical stimulation to the brain, spinal cord and nerves. This is based on the recognition that neurological disorders result from a dysfunction of the brain’s networks. I focus on reversing these network dysfunctions to improve my patients’ symptoms. It’s very rewarding to see the significant potential for clinical advancements, as well as discoveries of new treatments within this field.
Working at The Ohio State University is very rewarding, especially with colleagues who are friendly, helpful and open to collaboration. Here, I’m able to work with leading experts in a wide-range of disciplines.
When I’m not working, I love to spend my time relaxing with my family and traveling.
- Best oral presentation from the World Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (WSSFN), 2015
- Medtronic High 5 Award, 2015
- Expertise in high intensity focused ultrasound and neuromodulation for treatment of neurological disorders
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Movement Disorders
- Parkinson's Disease
- Essential Tremor
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Ablation
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Medical University of South Carolina Hospital
7/1/2006 - 6/20/2013
Stereotactic Functional Neurosurgery
Toronto Western Hospital
7/1/2013 - 6/30/2015
More About My Work
News About Me
41 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
8 Patient Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Krishna has reported no relationships with companies or entities.