W Jerry Mysiw, MD
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 366-9211
About MeW. Jerry Mysiw, MD, is the Chair of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the Ernest W. Johnson Chair and professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Dr. Mysiw is also the medical director of Rehabilitation Services, the medical director for the Traumatic Brain Injury Program and the medical director for the NeuroRecovery Network at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. He has been recognized as one of the “Top Doctors in America” for the last 10 years.
Dr. Mysiw earned his medical degree at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. He then completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. He has been a member of the faculty in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at The Ohio State University since 1984.
In addition to his clinical interests in the rehabilitation of people with traumatic brain injury, Dr. Mysiw’s research has focused on improving outcome after traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. He has received grants from the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Education, and the National Institute for Disability and Rehabilitation Research to support his research.
Dr. Mysiw has authored or coauthored numerous original articles, book chapters and abstracts. He is a member of numerous professional and academic societies and is on the editorial board of a major rehabilitation journal. In 2009, Dr. Mysiw was named the Academician of the Year by the Association of Academic Physiatrists.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “America's Top Doctors,” 2002–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Chronic Pain
- Brain Concussion
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Brain Injuries
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1981 - 6/30/1984
More About My Work
American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
News About Me
- Ohio State Study: Mobile App Improves Concussion Symptoms, Optimism In Teens
- OSU Wexner Medical Center Accredited As 'Cancer Specialty Rehabilitation' Program
- Ohio State Study Shows 'Embedded Arts' Interactive Technology Helps Patients in Neurohabilitation Therapy
- Research to Focus on Long-Term Challenges of TBI Patients
179 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
53 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Mysiw has reported no relationships with companies or entities.