W. Kelton Vasileff, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3600
About MeAs an orthopedic surgeon, I specialize in sports medicine and hip preservation. I think our field is very special because we’re able to use a combination of conservative and surgical treatments to help a variety of individuals return to certain activities or achieve specific goals.
I believe that helping patients return to a desired level of activity can help improve their lives and overall health. When we personalize a patient’s goals and collaboratively craft successful treatment strategies, our team develops a strong personal connection with the patient. In accomplishing this, we help patients lead full and engaged lives.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University because we have the unique opportunity to combine clinical practice, community outreach, academic research goals and teaching skills.
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with my family and inventing new adventures with them. We love being outdoors and enjoy being a part of our community.
- Completed subspecialty training in both sports medicine and hip preservation surgery
- Received award for best resident research
- Helped care for many athletes, including the Detroit Lions, the Cleveland Browns, Lawrence Tech University teams and multiple high school teams
- Community High School Team Physician
- Co-lead, Sports Orthobiologics
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Knee Injuries
- Hip Injuries
- Bone Retroversion
- Sports Medicine
- Surgical Procedures, Operative
- Athletic Injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Hip Joint
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament
- Bone Anteversion
- Platelet-Rich Plasma
- Psoas Muscles
Locations Where I Practice
Outpatient Care Lewis Center
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Henry Ford Health Systems
6/1/2008 - 6/30/2013
Henry Ford Health Systems
8/1/2013 - 7/1/2014
University Hospitals Case Medical Center
1/1/2015 - 6/30/2015
More About My Work
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
News About Me
207 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.7
47 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Vasileff has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- Zimmer Biomet