W. Kenneth Washburn, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-6724
About MeAs a liver and kidney transplant surgeon and director of the Comprehensive Transplant Center at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I approach each patient as if he or she were a family member.
Patients come to see me for an opinion. Sometime that opinion means surgery, but not always. I work with my patients and encourage them to be a part of the decision making process to determine which treatment option is the right choice for them.
The opportunity to work here at Ohio State and take care of patients is a privilege. I enjoy coming to work and appreciate the dedication of all the staff and physicians. I’m thrilled to be part of a medical center that’s at the forefront of great patient care, education and research. My career has given me the opportunity to make a life-changing and life-saving impact on thousands of patients over the years.
In my free time I enjoy many types of exercising, especially anything outdoors. I love to keep active!
- Director, Comprehensive Transplant Center
- Board of directors, United Network of Organ Sharing
- My research interests include organ preservation, organ allocation, organ transplant policy and outcome assessments for organ transplantation
- Best Doctor in America 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Pancreatic Islets Transplantation
- Biliary Tract
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Biliary Tract Cancers
- Biliary Tract Surgical Procedures
- Bile Duct Cancers
- Carcinoma, Hepatocellular
- Carcinoma, Pancreatic Ductal
- Hemangioma, Cavernous
- Bile Duct Diseases
- Hypertension, Portal
- Common Bile Duct
- Common Bile Duct Cancers
- Kidney Transplantation
- Liver Transplantation
- Living Donors
- Organ Transplantation
- Pancreatic Cyst
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Splenorenal Shunt, Surgical
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Tufts Medical Center
7/1/1989 - 6/30/1992
New England Deaconess Hospital
7/1/1993 - 6/30/1995
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Surgery
News About Me
40 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 5
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
12 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Washburn has reported no relationships with companies or entities.