William Buoni, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-7417
About MeAs a family medicine physician, I provide outpatient treatment for all kinds of conditions requiring a range of care services including chronic care, acute care, office surgical procedures, preadmission testing and physical exams. Many of my patients come to me for health promotion and prevention. I use lean Six Sigma techniques to increase both clinical and process improvement outcomes. I closely evaluate each patient while working in collaboration with a team of nurse practitioners, pharmacists, social workers, dieticians and numerous specialists to ensure my patients are receiving the highest quality professional medical care available. I strive to also demonstrate compassion, integrity and respect for my patients and their families.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because of the variety of opportunities available to the faculty and staff. For example, my position at Ohio State has allowed me to participate in leadership activities, ranging from administrative responsibilities to medical education for resident physicians and medical residents. I also enjoy the opportunity to work with a diverse group of patients as my outpatient volume is among the highest in Ohio State’s primary care network.
In my free time I enjoy competing in triathlons and taking my S2 7.9 sailboat out on Lake Erie.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
- Fellow of the American Board of Family Medicine
- Presented The Ohio State University Family Resident Approach to Refugee and Immigration Health at a global health conference
- Presented in the field of immunization rate improvement as well as the systematic approach to chronic pain management at the state and national level
- Previous assistant director, Ohio State Wexner Medical Center’s Family Medicine Residency Program
- Founded and developed the Stonecreek Medical Center in Pickerington, Ohio
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Thyroid Diseases
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Practice
- Men's Health
- Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive
- Health Promotion
- Disease Management
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Mount Carmel Health System
7/1/1983 - 6/30/1985
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
305 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
87 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Buoni has reported no relationships with companies or entities.