As a family medicine physician at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in women’s and men’s health, travel medicine, preventive care, preconception care, pediatrics, prenatal care, health promotion and the management of chronic diseases including diabetes, hypertension and heart disease.
I believe in providing quality, patient-centered, relationship- and evidence-based care to individuals and the community. I am passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of my patients, students and residents.
I love being part of the Ohio State family. I enjoy being part of a world-renown academic medical center where I’m able to help train medical students to fall in love with family medicine and prepare residents to make an impact on the nation’s healthcare.
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending what little free time I have visiting my children and grandchildren, traveling and rooting for The Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014-2019
- Best Doctor in America 2017
- U.S. Army Medical Corps, retired as a Lieutenant Colonel, 1997
- Director, Ohio State’s Family Medicine Residency Program, 2009
- Ohio Academy of Family Physician’s Educator of the Year, 2012
- Exemplary Teaching Award, American Academy of Family Physicians, 2013
- Distinguished Educator Award, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2014
- Alumni Faculty Teaching Award, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2017
- President elect, Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Travel Medicine
- Disease Management
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
- Preconception Care
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Internal Medicine
- Prenatal Care
- Health Promotion
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
2231 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43201
Please note: Not all physicians schedule patients at each listed location. Please call the “Schedule an appointment” number shown above for scheduling assistance.
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
9/1/1978 - 6/1/1982
Eisenhower Medical Center, Ft. Gordon, GA
7/1/1982 - 6/30/1985
Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
5/1/1988 - 6/1/1990
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
9/1/1996 - 7/15/1997
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 11/01/2020, Dr. Miser has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors
- Strategic Results