The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center aims to provide families dealing with the loss of an infant with resources to help them cope and to connect them to others going through a similar experience.
Sign up to receive email updates from our bereavement team. We’ll keep you updated on upcoming events like our annual memorial services and regular support groups, and provide tips for managing grief during particularly difficult times of year.
- Cornerstone of Hope – grief counseling
- Sufficient Grace Ministries – emergent support for those who experience an infant loss
- Cap4Kids – Central Ohio child/infant loss resources
- Lactation support after loss - call 614-293-8910 for assistance
- Do not mail form - download and submit to be taken off national mailing lists
- When Grief Is New – Support group for families who have experienced infant loss in the NICU (offered the fourth Tuesday of every other month [January, March, May, July, September and November], 6:30 – 8 p.m., Ronald McDonald House, 711 E. Livingston Ave., Columbus, OH 43205) | Contact: NICUGriefSupport@nationwidechildrens.org
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Seasons of Caring Support Group - Support group for families who have experienced infant or child loss (second Thursday of the month, 6:30 – 8 p.m., The Center for Child and Family Advocacy, 655 E. Livingston Drive, Columbus, OH 43205)
- Ohio Health Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group (first Tuesday of every month 7 p.m., Kobacker House, 800 McConnell Drive, Columbus, OH 43214) | Contact: 614-533-6060
- Compassionate Friends support group (second Tuesday of every month, 7 p.m., Ascension Lutheran Church, 1479 Morse Road, Columbus, OH 43229)
Often families ask us for ways to give back or donate in honor of their babies. There are many things you can do to help other families.
- Breast milk donation – Many mothers choose to donate breast milk after the loss of an infant as a way to honor their babies.
- Bear donation - The local nonprofit organization Carrying Tender Angels, Inc. graciously provides teddy bears to parents experiencing a stillbirth or infant loss to take home from the hospital. If you're interested in supporting this cause, call 614-321-9282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commemorative and memorial tree and bench program at Chadwick Arboretum & Learning Gardens
For other ways to give back, contact the bereavement coordinator: email@example.com