You and your baby deserve the best possible care. For pregnancy and childbirth services at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we combine family-centered care with the most current information and advanced technologies. We'll partner with you for a healthy pregnancy and delivery plan with your individual needs in mind.
Why Choose Ohio State
Each year, we deliver thousands of Buckeye Babies. From obstetrics and gynecology nurses, anesthesiologists and pediatrics staff, our pregnancy and childbirth experts work as a team for you and your baby.
- Our specialists work in every area of obstetrics and neonatal care, and are highly experienced in the latest procedures.
- Our state-of-the-art facility includes advanced equipment and resources for every kind of pregnancy and delivery.
- We provide personalized care, incorporating your individual needs into your care plan.
- We offer premium delivery rooms for mothers-to-be, including renovated, private rooms and services for dads/supporters.
- Since we're an academic medical center, we’re the first to offer the latest treatments.
Care Companion Program
This service has an interactive, individualized care plan available with MyChart.
Tips from our Experts
Labor, delivery and midwifery
Jonathan Schaffir, MD, describes the benefits of choosing obstetrical care at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. For low-risk patients, OSU even offers midwifery services.
When to call your doctor
Jonathan Schaffir, MD, describes dangerous symptoms to watch for anytime during pregnancy, such as heavy bleeding, lack of baby movement or leakage of fluid.