Welcome to our page all about our undergraduate volunteer experience!
The information below is intended for undergraduate students currently enrolled at any college or university, who are at least 18 years old, and interested in volunteering at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
Not a current undergraduate student? View our general volunteering information and select a different category.
What makes you a good fit for our program
We are seeking student volunteers who are:
- Reliable – our staff, patients and visitors count on your support!
- Driven – many of our roles function fairly independently. Volunteers who get the most out of their experience are the ones who take initiative.
- Extroverted – regardless of where you are placed, a large portion of your role will involve interacting with our patients and visitors, so you should feel comfortable striking up conversations with strangers.
- Compassionate – whether you are interacting with a patient or visitor, they are likely feeling stressed or overwhelmed. The empathy and compassion you provide during even a brief interaction can go a long way.
- Service-oriented – with each task or interaction, you have the ability to positively impact someone’s experience here at the Medical Center.
Do you fit everything above, but haven’t turned 18 yet? Medical Center regulations require all volunteers must be at least 18 years old (by the date you submit your application). We hope you will apply for a future session.