The information below is intended for undergraduate students currently enrolled at The Ohio State University, who are at least 18 years old, and interested in volunteering at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
Not a current undergraduate student? View our general volunteering information and select a different category.
What makes you a good fit for our program
We are seeking student volunteers who are:
- Compassionate – whether you are interacting with a patient or visitor, they are likely feeling stressed or overwhelmed. The empathy and compassion you provide during even a brief interaction can go a long way.
- Reliable – our staff, patients and visitors count on your support!
- Driven – many of our roles function fairly independently. Volunteers who get the most out of their experience are the ones who take initiative.
- Extroverted – regardless of where you are placed, a large portion of your role will involve interacting with our patients and visitors, so you should feel comfortable striking up conversations with strangers.
- Service-oriented – with each task or interaction, you have the ability to positively impact someone’s experience here at the Medical Center.
Do you fit everything above, but haven’t turned 18 yet? Medical Center regulations require all volunteers must be at least 18 years old (by the date you submit your application). We hope you will apply for a future session.
What you can expect of the college volunteer experience
Who you will be interacting with as you volunteer
What you might be doing as part of your role
Where you may be volunteering
When you will be volunteering
How the process works
When and how you can apply
The next opportunity to apply to volunteer will be prior to Autumn semester. We will not be accepting new volunteers for Summer semester. In mid-summer, we will update this website with the Autumn application process.
If you have any questions, please contact: