- Bachelor of Art, University of Pittsburgh, 1991
- Master of Science, Physical Therapy, Arizona School of Health Sciences, 1998
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Board certified specialist in orthopedic physical therapy
- Certified manual therapist, St. Augustine University
- Certified strength and conditioning specialist
Experience and Interests
Jake is the current coordinator of the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Program at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. He has more than 20 years of experience in sports medicine and general orthopedics with a focus on manual therapy. He has been a clinical mentor and clinical instructor most of his career as a PT. He has been on faculty at the orthopedic residency program at Ohio State for the past nine years and a primary mentor for five of those years. He has a passion for teaching and educating and has been a guest lecturer at the Ohio State physical therapy school, teaching spinal manipulation for the past seven years. Additionally, he has an interest in research and writing and has written six chapters in clinical and academic textbooks related to orthopedic and sports physical therapy. His goal is to continue to grow the OMPT program at Ohio State with the cornerstone being education, mentorship and research.