Allison Macerollo, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 688-6490
About MeAs a family medicine physician at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in women’s health, overcoming barriers to health and caring for underserved populations. I believe in listening to my patients and applying my problem solving skills in order to advocate for their health in every situation.
I am passionate about my work and helping all the people I encounter on the job, including patients, medical students and coworkers, to become their best selves.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the amazing team spirit in both education and patient care.
When I’m not working, I enjoy exploring the world with my family, running and reading.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2017
- Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2011
- Distinguished Educator Award, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2012
- Faculty teaching award
- Best Doctor in America 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Women's Health
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Fairfax Family Practice
7/1/1996 - 6/1/1998
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
155 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
39 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Macerollo has reported no relationships with companies or entities.