Andrew Hundley, MD
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4643
About MeAs a female pelvic medicine physician and reconstructive surgeon, I treat patients with urinary and fecal incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, voiding dysfunction, recurrent urinary tract infections and other anatomic injuries such as vesicovaginal and rectovaginal fistulas. Many of these conditions can have a debilitating effect on a woman’s sense of well-being. Women commonly struggle with these problems and unfortunately, think they cannot be addressed, assuming the issues are “part of being a woman." In most instances, there are a variety of interventions that can be implemented, ranging from behavioral changes to surgery.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the camaraderie among my colleagues. It’s not uncommon in my field to work with urologists, colorectal surgeons, gastroenterologists, physical therapists and gynecologic oncologists when treating a single patient. Ohio State attracts the very best physicians, who are dedicated not just to the practice of medicine but also to science. We are not only involved in caring for people, but for setting the standard for that care.
In my free time I enjoy training for triathlons and walking my two Australian shepherds with my wife. I have two busy teenagers and my weekends are usually spent at hockey and lacrosse games, crew regattas, orchestra concerts and helping with math, science and English homework.
- Consistently rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2012–2018
- Started the Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2005
- Serve as an examiner for the oral qualification exam for board certification in obstetrics and gynecology, 2016–present
- Selected to serve on committees for both the American Urogynecologic Society and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2015–present
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Women's Health
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Reproductive Health
- Female Urogenital Diseases
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Brigham & Woman's Hospital
7/1/1999 - 6/30/2002
OB/GYN / Urogynecology
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
7/1/2002 - 6/30/2005
More About My Work
American Board of OB/GYN
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
235 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
52 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Hundley has reported no relationships with companies or entities.