Benita Petri-Pickstone, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2614
About MeAs a family medicine physician at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in disease management, preventive medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, contraception education and women’s health. I treat patients with a myriad of conditions including anxiety, depression, hypertension, diabetes, arthritis and osteoarthritis. I also provide joint injections, mole removal, pap smears and endometrial biopsies, along with other minor procedures.
I have always wanted to work in family medicine and am happy to have found my calling in life. I love my job and my patients; it’s a privilege to take care of patients and their families. I enjoy taking care of the entire patient, not just treating symptoms, and providing as much preventative care as possible. I’m very interested in how family dynamics can affect a person’s health.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the wealth of resources available, including a wide range of specialists for my patients. Additionally, The Department of Family Medicine provides great support for my professional goals. I also enjoy helping medical students throughout the process of medical school, especially nontraditional students.
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with my family and cooking.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016, 2017
- Unsung Hero Award, Department of Family Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Department of Family Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2010
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Women's Health
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Practice
- Disease Management
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Marshall University School of Medicine
Marshall University Medical Center
7/1/1995 - 6/30/1997
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
471 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
117 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Petri-Pickstone has reported no relationships with companies or entities.