Cindy Baker, MD
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-7677
About MeAs an interventional cardiologist, I specialize in treating cardiovascular disease through interventional surgeries such as complex coronary interventions. I also treat peripheral arterial and venous disease with endovascular techniques. I am particularly passionate about helping patients with coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease, as they are two of the leading causes of death and disability in the United States. I take the time to listen to my patients’ stories and encourage them to take part in the decision-making process so we can reach the best possible outcome and quality of life.
I enjoy practicing at an academic medical center like Ohio State where I’m able to work alongside brilliant leaders in their respective fields, while also having the opportunity to help educate and train the next generation of cardiologists and participate in research. My current research projects include the etiology of myocardial infarction in women and the treatment of pulmonary embolism with catheter directed lysis. I also work with the vascular surgery group to determine the best therapies for patients with critical limb ischemia.
When I am away from work, I enjoy spending time with my family, exploring the outdoors, biking and trying new healthy recipes.
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2017–2018
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
- Medical Director, Ross Heart Hospital second floor and Invasive Prep and Recovery Area, 2017
- Director, Peripheral Vascular Interventions, 2016
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Atherectomy, Coronary
- Endovascular Procedures
- Heart Attack
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Women's Health
- Coronary Care Units
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Angioplasty, Balloon, Coronary
Locations Where I Practice
Heart and Vascular Center at Memorial Health
Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital
Education and Training
Emory University Hospital
7/1/1998 - 6/30/2000
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2001 - 6/30/2004
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2004 - 6/30/2005
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Cardiovascular)
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Interventional Cardiology)
177 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
39 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Baker has reported no relationships with companies or entities.