David Kageorge, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
About MeAs a family medicine physician, I am passionate about the longitudinal relationships that I’m able to develop with patients and their families. My goal is to empower patients to assume control of their own health and to pursue a higher quality of living. I believe in partnering with my patients to develop individualized care plans while providing them with all the necessary knowledge and assistance needed to make good decisions regarding their well-being and care. I provide disease management and treatments for a variety of conditions including anxiety, depression, diabetes and hypertension as well as preventative medicine and health promotion.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because of the focus on forward thinking, patient-centered technologies and the opportunity to teach and help influence aspiring physicians. I am passionate about teaching our medical students how to apply scientific knowledge to care.
In my free time I enjoy reading, traveling, playing tennis and the arts – especially theater, symphony and chamber music.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction every year since joining The Ohio State University in 2013
- Lead physician representing Trinity Mount Carmel Health Systems in collaboration with Axis Health Columbus to develop one of Ohio's first patient-centered medical home practices, 2010
- Outstanding educator award, 2015–2016
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Practice
- Integrative Medicine
- Asthma, Exercise-Induced
- Disease Management
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Philip Heit Center for Healthy New Albany
Education and Training
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Grant Medical Center
7/1/1982 - 6/30/1984
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
523 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
156 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Kageorge has reported no relationships with companies or entities.