Donald Mack, MD
- Family Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Palliative Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2700
About MeAs a family medicine physician at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in geriatrics and the care of older patients, specifically patients needing long-term and end of life care. I also work with patients to provide pain management, nursing home care and palliative medicine services.
I think it’s important to focus on comprehensive care rather than efficiency, and seek to ensure that my patients feel I have answered their concerns. I feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that I am giving back to my patients and my community.
I enjoy the challenges of working with complex patients, as well as the opportunity to teach medical students, residents and fellows at Ohio State.
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, singing and cycling.
- Best Doctors in America, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2017
- Courage to Teach Award, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2013
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016, 2017
- Outstanding Educator Award, Family Medicine Residency, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2014
- Faculty Achievement Award, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2015
- Outstanding Achievement in Patient Service, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2016
- Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians, 2002
- Fellow, American Geriatric Society, 2016
- President, Ohio Academy of Family Physicians, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- End of Life Care
- Nursing Homes
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Health Promotion
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
7/1/1985 - 6/30/1987
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine (Subspecialty: Geriatric Medicine)
American Board of Family Medicine (Subspecialty: Hospice and Palliative Medicine)
105 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 5
- Listens Carefully 5
- Gives Understandable Instructions 5
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 5
30 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Mack has reported no relationships with companies or entities.