Edward Dodson, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 366-3687
About MeAs an otolaryngologist, I specialize in otology or neurotology, and skull base surgery. My specialty includes the medical and surgical treatment of the ear for hearing loss, infections and inner ear balance disorders. I’m very passionate about my area of expertise because a person’s hearing is an integral part of their well-being and disorders of the ear often result in social isolation and even discrimination.
I truly enjoy getting to know my patients on a personal level, which helps me deliver compassionate and individualized care. I like to think of myself as a physician who is able to provide the "big city" care through a "small town" approach. I want to ensure that my patients receive the best quality care available while also feeling comfortable with their treatment and environment.
I enjoy working at Ohio State because we have a nationally recognized department that provides the most contemporary and advanced diagnostic testing and treatments for our patients.
I have spent a great deal of my free time helping the underserved population of the Dominican Republic. Project EAR is a humanitarian organization through which we have been able to medically assist many people who are financially unable to access hearing healthcare. I’m happy to serve as President of this organization that has been providing care since 1995.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2016
- Led over 30 medical missions to the Dominican Republic
- Trained over 60 excellent otolaryngology residents and 10 otology/neurotology fellows
- Senior member of the Department of Otolaryngology, 19 years on faculty as of 2015
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2011–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Ear Diseases
- Hearing Disorders
- Hearing Loss
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Labyrinth Diseases
- Skull Base Tumors
- Neuroma, Acoustic
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Otorrhea
- Facial Nerve Diseases
- Glomus Tumor
- Meniere Disease
- Neurofibromatosis 2
- Otitis Externa
- Otitis Media
- Vestibular Diseases
- Vestibular Neuronitis
Locations Where I Practice
Ear, Nose and Throat Dublin
Education and Training
University of Virginia Hospitals
7/1/1990 - 6/30/1994
Head & Neck Surgery
University of Virginia Hospitals
7/1/1994 - 6/30/1996
More About My Work
American Board of Otolaryngology
American Board of Otolaryngology (Subspecialty: Otolaryngology/Neurotology)
337 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
76 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Dodson has reported no relationships with companies or entities.