Grant Jones, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3600
About MeI emphasize treating orthopedic problems in the least invasive way possible. That starts with treating injuries non-operatively first, if no surgery is absolutely necessary.
Many orthopedic problems can be effectively treated with a non-operative approach that allows the patient to return to an active lifestyle. If surgery is needed, we use the most minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques to treat these disorders at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
I specialize in shoulder, elbow and knee disorders for all age groups. I am passionate about getting active individuals back to the activities they enjoy. I also enjoy teaching bright medical students, residents and fellows to prepare them for their future careers.
In my spare time, I enjoy extreme skiing and mountain biking out West. In 2007, I spent six weeks traveling around South America to give lectures and observe local orthopedic surgeries.
- Ohio State Department of Athletics team physician
- CoSIDA Academic All-America Hall of Fame 2015 inductee
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2015–2018
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Sprains and Strains
- Fracture Fixation
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Fractures, Bone
- Leg Injuries
- Joint Capsule Release
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Bursa, Synovial
- Athletic Injuries
- Shoulder Joint
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament
- Shoulder Pain
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1993 - 6/30/1997
Hughston Orthopaedic Clinic
8/1/1997 - 8/30/1998
More About My Work
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Subspecialty: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine)
News About Me
278 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.7
54 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Jones has reported no relationships with companies or entities.