Joel Wood, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4980
About MeAs a family medicine physician, my approach to patient care is dependent upon the condition and unique background of each patient. I spend time getting to know my patients and take into account all personal considerations before guiding them through their care plan. I specialize in ambulatory family medicine, which allows me to interact with multiple members of a family across many generations in an office setting. I enjoy my specialization because of the opportunity to build long-standing relationships with patients while facilitating their journey to optimal health.
As my alma mater, The Ohio State University holds many special memories for me. I enjoy working at an institution that doesn’t limit patient interactions and is dedicated to providing quality patient-centered care.
When I’m not working I enjoy spending time with my family. I also teach children at New Albany Methodist’s Vacation Bible School.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Lead physician, Primary Care at New Albany
- Volunteer for the United Methodist Church's annual medical mission trip to Mexico
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Diabetes Mellitus
- End of Life Care
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Practice
- Adolescent Medicine
- Developmental Disabilities
- Disease Management
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Primary Care at New Albany
Education and Training
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1998 - 6/30/2000
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
445 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
97 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Wood has reported no relationships with companies or entities.