Jonathan Schaffir, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3069
About MeAs an obstetrician/gynecologist, I treat a variety of health concerns within this area of medicine. I am especially interested in those aspects of obstetrics and gynecology that are related to psychological and behavioral issues. These aspects may include sexuality, premenstrual mood disorders or other health-related concerns.
In my practice as a generalist obstetrician/gynecologist, I provide care for women through the full spectrum of their reproductive health needs. This ranges from family planning and pregnancy care to menstrual and menopausal problems.
I enjoy all aspects of care, from annual well-woman visits to delivering babies to performing surgical procedures when they are necessary.
Working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I know that there are many valuable resources available. Whenever necessary, I can refer my patients to the appropriate experts in any field. I know they will take excellent care of any problems my patients may have that are outside of my area of expertise.
In my free time there are many things I like to do, especially taking the time to enjoy a good movie.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015
- President, North American Society for Psychosocial Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2013-2015
- Director, Ohio State College of Medicine Reproductive Medicine/ Endocrinology Course
- Recipient of Ohio State's Excellence in Teaching Award
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Reproductive Health
- Women's Health
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Mount Sinai School of Medicine SUNY
7/1/1991 - 6/30/1994
More About My Work
American Board of OB/GYN
American Board of OB/GYN
General Obstetrics and Gynecology
204 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.6 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.7
- Time Spent Together 4.6
41 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Schaffir has reported no relationships with companies or entities.