Julie Bishop, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2663
About MeI specialize in orthopaedics, with a subspecialty in shoulder surgery.
My approach to patient care is providing individualized care to each patient and problem. I believe strongly in a conservative approach and involving patients in their care.
I use non-operative measures whenever possible. However, there are times when surgery is the best solution. In those cases, I use only the latest and most current techniques in shoulder surgery.
I am passionate about what I do as an orthopedic shoulder surgeon. That’s because I get a lot of pleasure from treating not only the straightforward problems, but also the complex and more difficult shoulder problems. I love helping patients reclaim their quality of life and getting them back to the activities they enjoy.
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2018
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Member of American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Society
- Teaching award for the Department of Orthopedics Residency
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Shoulder Pain
- Rotator Cuff
- Joint Instability
- Arthroplasty, Replacement
- Humeral Fractures
- Shoulder Fractures
- Sports Medicine
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Cornell University Medical College
George Washington University Hospital
7/1/1998 - 6/30/2002
Mount Sinai Medical Center
8/1/2002 - 6/30/2003
University of Pittsburgh
9/1/2003 - 12/30/2003
More About My Work
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
427 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
93 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Bishop has reported no relationships with companies or entities.