Michael Jonesco, DO
- Sports Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medical Services
- Osteopathic Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3600
About MeWhen diagnosing a patient, I like to find the root of the pain or limitation. Anyone can diagnose a stress fracture, but I like to know what is causing it and why it is there. The diagnosis is often simple, but determining the root of the problem is essential.
I specialize in medical care for athletes. To me, an athlete can be anyone serious about becoming or maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle. Whether your goal is to make it to the big leagues or simply walk your dog around the block, I want to help you reach your goals.
I try to treat every patient who walks in my door as a member of my own family. When creating a treatment plan, I consider the patient an essential part of the decision-making team. I offer several treatment options that I think can be effective. Together, the patient and I devise a plan to meet his or her specific needs.
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2018
- National speaker at sports medicine conferences
- Assistant clinical professor of Internal Medicine and Sports Medicine
- Member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Musculoskeletal Manipulations
- Athletic Injuries
- Athletic Performance
- Sports Medicine
- Sprains and Strains
- Medicine in Art
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Manipulation, Osteopathic
- Knee Injuries
- Hip Injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Ankle Injuries
- Foot Injuries
- Arm Injuries
- Asthma, Exercise-Induced
- Platelet-Rich Plasma
- Brain Concussion
- Back Injuries
Locations Where I Practice
Outpatient Care Gahanna
Philip Heit Center for Healthy New Albany
Education and Training
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2009
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
7/15/2009 - 7/14/2010
More About My Work
News About Me
417 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
103 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Jonesco has reported no relationships with companies or entities.
(Sports Medicine Only)