As a psychologist, I specialize in addiction treatment. I’m passionate about helping people develop tools to change addictive behaviors and live fuller lives. I also have expertise treating a range of mental health problems, with a focus on depression and anxiety. I show patients that I care about their health concerns and provide them with scientifically proven treatment.
Being part of a team of dedicated professionals who work to help improve people’s health makes me love working at The Ohio State University.
In my free time, I enjoy listening to and playing music, cooking, Ping-Pong and playing with my children.
- Founded Addiction Recovery Clinic in Ohio State’s Department of Psychology to help treat patients and train doctoral students in evidence-based addiction treatment
- Member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT), an internationally recognized organization of experts in motivational interviewing (a key evidence-based treatment for addiction)
- Served as clinic director of the Psychological Services Center in Ohio State’s Department of Psychology, overseeing operations and clinical supervision for clinical psychology doctoral students
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Substance-Related Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Mental Health
- Personality Disorders
Education and Training
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
9/23/2009 - 8/9/2015
Post Doctoral Fellow
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA
8/10/2014 - 8/22/2016
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 11/21/2019, Dr. Vilensky has reported no relationships with companies or entities.