Peter Stanich, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-6255
About MeMy work in gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition includes specialized care for colon cancer prevention. I help patients with genetic conditions who are predisposed to the development of colon polyps or cancer. This includes a multidisciplinary approach with other team members to provide optimal diagnostics and long-term care.
I believe in providing care that is personalized and state of the art, while also maintaining the crucial personal relationship with my patients.
There are many things I enjoy about practicing medicine at Ohio State. I appreciate the element of continued learning that comes from being at an academic hospital on a great campus. It provides valuable opportunities to collaborate across specialties and disciplines. This team approach allows us to offer better patient care.
In my free time, I enjoy relaxing with family and watching the Columbus Clippers.
- Research interests in PTEN hamartoma tumor syndrome (Cowden syndrome) and other inherited colon cancer syndromes
- Selected as the Physician of the Year for the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2018
- Co-authored Cowden syndrome section for UpToDate, the premier medical reference
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016, 2018
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors 2019
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Digestive System Diseases
- Rectal Cancers
- Colonic Polyps
Locations Where I Practice
The James at Martha Morehouse Outpatient Care
Education and Training
Medical College of Ohio
7/1/2009 - 7/1/2011
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2011 - 6/30/2014
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Gastroenterology)
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
News About Me
57 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 5
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
13 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Stanich has reported no relationships with companies or entities.