Randell Wexler, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2614
About MeAs a primary care physician, I am there to guide and educate my patients. Patients have a responsibility to themselves and their families to engage in their own care. I want them to be as healthy as possible. I also want to help patients manage their chronic disease and provide self-management support.
Although I practice complete family medicine, I have an interest in improving blood pressure control in the primary care setting. I’m also interested in sports medicine and healthcare policy.
What I enjoy most about The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the ability to be on the forefront of innovations in care as well as working as a team with other healthcare providers.
In my spare time, I enjoy attending Ohio State football games, traveling with my wife, playing with my dog, watching movies and running.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Receiving research funding from Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Implementing Patient-Centered Medical Homes
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
- Received the inaugural Ohio State Medical Association Physician Advocate Award
- Served on the Ohio Health Board
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Family Practice
- Public Health
- Health Promotion
- Disease Management
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Wright State University School of Medicine
Mount Carmel Medical Center
7/1/1991 - 6/13/1993
Mount Carmel Medical Center
7/1/1993 - 6/13/1994
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
News About Me
326 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
75 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Wexler has reported no relationships with companies or entities.