My approach to care is to build partnerships with my patients, educate them about their diseases and offer various treatment options. I guide them through the treatment process to ensure they receive the highest level of care. Patients know themselves best, and given the right information, can make the best choices for themselves.
I’m proud to be part of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Not only do I get to care for wonderful and interesting patients, but I also have the opportunity to pass my knowledge and expertise on to the next generation of physicians.
I grew up in Toledo, Ohio and then traveled the world for 21 years as an Army physician before retiring from the military and moving back to the Buckeye State with my wife and two boys. When I’m not working, I enjoy fixing up the house, watching Ohio State football and relaxing with my family.
- Director, Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Retired Army Colonel and former president of the Society of Military Ophthalmologists
- Recipient of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of America’s “Top Doctors” for 2017
University of Cincinnati
San Antonio Military Medical
7/1/1998 - 6/30/2001
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Eyelid Diseases
- Lacrimal Apparatus Diseases
- Orbital Diseases
- Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures
- Skull Base Tumors
- Graves Ophthalmopathy
- Orbital Fractures
- Orbital Myositis
- Orbital Cellulitis
- Eyelid Cancers
- Lacrimal Duct Obstruction
- Orbital Pseudotumor
- Tolosa-Hunt Syndrome
- Retrobulbar Hemorrhage
- Nasolacrimal Duct
- Eye Enucleation
- Eye Evisceration
- Orbital Implants
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Facial Paralysis
- Hemifacial Spasm
Locations where I practice
More about my work
University of Michigan Hospitals
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2009
American Board of Ophthalmology
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/28/17, Dr. Cho has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies.