Raymond Magorien, MD
- Interventional Cardiology
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-7677
About MeAs an interventional cardiologist, I specialize in managing patients with coronary artery disease, pulmonary embolisms and other cardiovascular disorders. I am committed to providing personalized cardiovascular care with a strong emphasis on preventative strategies.
My research interests include improvements in managing coronary artery disease and the treatment of pulmonary embolism.
My favorite part about working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the extensive support structure for our “State of the Heart” cardiovascular service. I also enjoy working at an academic medical center where I’m able to conduct research and help train the next generation of physicians.
In my free time I enjoy staying active, particularly cycling, hiking, swimming and playing tennis.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Best Doctor in America 2017
- My most gratifying accomplishment is the growth and development of our trainees. Many of these individuals have gone on to extraordinary medical careers at institutions across the country
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Angioplasty, Balloon, Coronary
- Drug-Eluting Stents
- Thrombolytic Therapy
- Heart Attack
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Coronary Care Units
- Heart Valve Diseases
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1975 - 6/1/1977
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1977 - 6/1/1980
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Cardiovascular)
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Interventional Cardiology)
193 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
41 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Magorien has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-8000.
- Moscarino & Treu LLP
- Reminger, Attorneys at Law
- Arnold Todaro & Welch
- Bricker & Eckler LLP
- Bieser Greer
- Carpenter Lipps & Leland LLP
- Elk & Elk
- Eugene H. Fahrenkrog, PC
- Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso, PLLC
- Freund, Freeze & Arnold
- Goldberg, Persy, White PC
- Greg W. Luther
- Lashley & Baer, PC
- Levanthal and Puga Law Firm
- Martin F. White, Co. LPA
- Micheli, Baldwin, Northrup LLP
- Milligan Pusateri
- Millikin & Fitton Law Firm
- Offutt Nord Burchett, PLLC
- Oxley, Malone, Hollister, Warren & Spaeth, PLL
- Spangenberg, Shibley & Liber, LLP
- Tzangas Plakas Mannos LTD
- Wincek & DeRosa Co., LPA
- Zeigler Cohen & Koch