Susan Bowman Burpee, APRN-CNP
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Nurse Practitioner What's this? A nurse practitioner is extensively trained to treat illness or disease and to prescribe medication to their patients. They work on teams with a licensed physician, but can treat patients with significant autonomy. Nurse practitioners work in a variety of settings, including primary care and various other medical and surgical specialties.
About MeAs a nurse practitioner working in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, I focus on helping patients improve their quality of life. Our patients have various functional impairments, often due to stroke, injury or other disabling conditions. Helping them overcome their current deficits is both challenging and rewarding. I am constantly impressed by how strong and resilient our patients and their families can be when faced with traumatic events.
I am fortunate and proud to work with an outstanding multidisciplinary team. Our physicians, therapists and entire staff are committed to helping our patients through any means possible. By combining teaching, research and clinical care, we promote and provide the highest level of health care possible.
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also enjoy connecting with my community by participating in a neighborhood book club, yoga and other community events.
- Nurse practitioner in Ohio State’s Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2011 – present
- Volunteer, Columbus Free Clinic
- Instructor for the ANP/AGNP program at The Ohio State University College of Nursing for over 20 years, 1996-2016
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Brain Concussion
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain Injuries
More About My Work
156 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.4
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.8