Todd Pesavento, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-6724
About MeAs a transplant nephrologist at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in solid organ transplant and treating those with end-organ failure. My entire career has been devoted to caring for patients who can benefit from organ transplantation. I provide the specialized care that these patients need, even in the most challenging of circumstances.
I believe in treating each patient as if he or she were a member of my own family. I provide them with the best medical care possible in a caring and compassionate manner. I am honest with my patients and make sure that I spend as much time with each patient as he or she might need.
When I’m not working I enjoy relaxing with my family, traveling and skiing.
- Medical Director, Solid Organ Transplant Program at Ohio State
- Councilor, board member and member of Kidney and Living Donor Committee for the United Network for Organ Sharing
- American Society of Transplantation - Executive Board, Living Donor COP
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2016–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Kidney Diseases
- Organ Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Kidney Transplantation
- Living Donors
- Polycystic Kidney Diseases
- Kidney Diseases, Cystic
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Alabama Hospitals
7/1/1990 - 6/1/1992
University of Alabama Hospitals
7/1/1992 - 6/1/1995
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Nephrology)
179 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.6
35 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Pesavento has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals