Share your perspective on patient care.
This volunteer role provides current and previous patients or primary caregivers a voice in improvement efforts throughout the medical center.
There are many ways patients and family members can be involved as an advisor. Some examples are:
- Patient and Family Advisory Councils - these groups meet on a regular basis with administrators to provide feedback on topics affecting the patient and family experience. Current councils include Oncology, Labor and Delivery, UH-East, Family Medicine and General Internal Medicine. We are recruiting for additional councils that are now forming.
- Standing committee member – you can serve as an active member on a hospital committee, working with staff side-by-side to design and implement organizational changes
- Patients as educators – attend a training session on how to share your personal patient/family member experience, then join fellow Advisors as a panel participant or guest speaker
- Survey/material reviewer – complete short surveys related to patient education or marketing
- Short-term groups – participate in focus groups or short-term work groups designed around one specific topic
The amount of time required for this volunteer role varies depending on personal experiences, availability and areas of interest.Screening Process
- Reference checks
- Background check/fingerprinting
- Volunteer Orientation
- Position specific training
Share this Page
Support the healing mission of the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center