Accredited by the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC), and Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) including certificates of distinction in HIV and Oncology. The Ohio State University Outpatient Pharmacy’s specialty pharmacy offers comprehensive services to patients receiving specialty medications. Our Patient Management Program will help you manage your pharmacy needs through personalized disease-state and specialty-drug management.
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is accredited by ACHC for compliance with a comprehensive set of national standards. By choosing a health care provider that has achieved ACHC accreditation, you can take comfort in knowing that you will receive the highest quality of care. If you have any concerns about the product or service that you receive from Ohio State Medical Center, you may contact ACHC directly at 855-937-2242.
What is a Specialty Medication?
Specialty medications are medicines that treat complex, chronic diseases. These medications are often hard to find, high cost and/or difficult to manage.
Patient Management Program Specialty Pharmacy Services
Our pharmacists work to provide you with specialty medications and to help you obtain optimal results and avoid adverse drug events and unnecessary costs while increasing your understanding of the medication and helping you succeed while on your therapy.
Our Patient Management Program services include specialty medication counseling, insurance coordination, financial assistance referral, side effect management, refill reminder calls, educational materials, free delivery and seamless relationships with your Ohio State University providers.
- Free Delivery: We offer free, convenient delivery of your specialty medications to your home or workplace.
- Education and Counseling: Our highly trained pharmacists and staff members will work with you to discuss your treatment plan, and we will address any questions or concerns you may have at any time during your treatment.
- Insurance Coordination: Our coordination of prior authorization with your insurance company will allow faster access to your prescription medications. In addition, our relationships with insurers will help provide you with information and explanations of your prescription insurance benefits.
- Medication Assistance Programs: Treatment can be costly, but our medication assistance programs can help lower the cost of therapy. We will help you navigate the complexities of the health care system to explore every option available to you.
- Side Effect Management: Side effects can have a significant impact on the success of your treatment. We will work with you and your provider to make sure that side effects are identified and managed appropriately.
- Refill Reminders: Getting your medications quickly and efficiently is important. As your health care advocate, we will be in close contact with you during your treatment. We will remind you to refill your prescriptions approximately one week before you run out of medication.
- 24/7 Support: We offer access to clinically trained personnel 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays and weekends. Call us at 614-685-1672 (Toll-Free: 844-511-5891).
Specialty Pharmacy New Patient Welcome Kit
We will work closely with you and your physician to help you succeed while on your new therapy. This welcome kit will describe many of the services we offer.
Our specialty pharmacy is a delivery-only location, which means that we offer prescription pick-up only in special circumstances. Please contact us by phone to arrange delivery of your prescriptions:
614-685-1672 (Toll-Free: 844-511-5891)