Brain and Spine Hospital
- Bachelor of Arts, Speech and Hearing Sciences, The Ohio State University, 2014
- Master of Arts, Speech Language Pathology, Indiana University, 2016
- American Speech Language Hearing Association, Certificate of Clinical Competence, 2017
- Clinical Fellowship in Speech Language Pathology (with a specialization in acquired neurologic impairments), Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital, Ohio State, 2017
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist, 2019
Experience and Interests
Emily’s clinical interests include working with the cognitive-linguistic needs of patients following traumatic brain injuries, progressive neurologic diseases and strokes. She also enjoys working with patients with acquired swallowing difficulties, utilizing instrumental swallow evaluations including Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallow and Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies. She likes to merge the results of these evaluations, strength training exercises and an understanding of someone's favorite foods to help each patient enjoy meals and maintain nutrition. In 2019 she transferred to the Brain and Spine Hospital to support patients during the acute stages of recovery.