The Ohio State Health System has partnered with the DAISY Foundation, dedicated to honoring excellence in nursing, to present the DAISY Award. DAISY Awards celebrate nurses who:
- Treat patients and families with compassion
- Instill faith and hope in patients
- Exceed expectations by understanding and anticipating needs of their patients, and
- Look for opportunities to create a welcoming and special environment for patients
Nominate an Extraordinary Nurse
For our patients and their families who have been the recipient of this level of outstanding, personalized care from a nurse who you feel truly made a difference, we invite you to share your experience by nominating them for the DAISY Award.
Each quarter, we’ll select up to three Health System nurses to receive the DAISY Award, which also includes:
- A certificate commending her or him for being an "Extraordinary Nurse"
- A special DAISY Award pin
- A hand-carved Shona sculpture titled "A Healer's Touch"
- A tote bag to carry everything in
- Recognition on the National DAISY Foundation website
Nomination deadlines for the quarterly DAISY Awards are Feb. 15, May 15, Aug. 15 and Nov. 15.
Nominations for the DAISY Team Award are due May 15.
Nominations for the DAISY Leader Award are due Sept. 30.
Read more about the DAISY Award, including the moving story about its creation and its impact on more than 4,000 health care facilities and schools of nursing.