Jeffrey Janis, MD
- Plastic Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8566
About MeI practice both aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. I’m interested in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breasts, chest wall reconstruction, complex abdominal wall reconstruction (hernia repair), body contouring, lower extremity reconstruction, the surgical treatment of migraine headaches and microsurgery.
What I enjoy about The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is how we take care of our patients. Working together, we try to solve problems using the latest techniques and technology. We approach each patient one at a time.
There’s no cookie-cutter approach, cookbook or recipe I follow. I sit down with patients and listen to their problems and concerns. I try to give them a result they’ll be happy with.
I spend the time to get to know my patients and appreciate their concerns. Then, I tell them whether I can reliably and predictably give them the results they want.
I treat my patients like they are my family. If it’s not good enough for my family, it’s not good enough for my patients.
- Part of a team that performed the first full U.S. face transplant
- Board Vice President of Education for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Editor of Essentials of Plastic Surgery
- Named to Best Doctors in America and World, 2011–2018
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2013–2018
- President, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- President, Columbus Medical Association
- Past President, American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Surgery, Plastic
- Abdominal Wall
- Migraine Disorders
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Cosmetic Techniques
- Breast Implants
- Hernia, Abdominal
- Botulinum Toxins
- Mohs Surgery
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve Medical Center
Southwestern Medical Center
7/1/1998 - 6/30/2001
Southwestern Medical Center
7/1/2001 - 6/30/2003
More About My Work
American Board of Plastic Surgery
News About Me
155 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
26 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Janis has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-8000.
- BARD, Inc.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Thieme Publishing