Jonathan Parsons, MD
- Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4925
About MeAs a pulmonologist at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in asthma and exercise-induced asthma. I see patients in an outpatient practice and in our intensive care units. My goal is to provide the best evidence-based care with empathy and patience, that’s tailored specifically to each patient. There’s no greater satisfaction than being able to make someone feel better and become healthier.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the passion and pride that we all have not only for the medical center, but for everything that our university represents. As caregivers, we’re able to collaborate amongst specialties and divisions to provide the best team-based patient care.
When I’m not working, most of my time is spent as a busy father and husband. I’m an avid athlete and enjoy running and weight-training. I also love to cook and am an aspiring chef.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2017–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
- Interim Division Director, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Director, The Ohio State University Asthma Center
- Director, The Ohio State University Cough Program
- American Lung Association Research Award, 2009
- Teaching award, The Ohio State University chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha, 2014
- Columbus Business First’s 40 Under 40
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Electric Stimulation Therapy
- Respiration Disorders
- Pulmonary Emphysema
- Bronchitis, Chronic
- Intensive Care
- Intensive Care Units
- Sleep Disorders
Locations Where I Practice
Eye and Ear Institute
Education and Training
Medical College of Ohio at Toledo
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2000 - 6/30/2003
7/1/1999 - 6/30/2003
Critical Care Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2003 - 6/30/2006
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Critical Care Medicine)
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Pulmonary Disease)
Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
News About Me
188 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
40 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Parsons has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- Best Doctors in America
- Bieser, Greer & Landis, LLP