Kyle Perry, MD
- General Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3230
About MeMy expertise in minimally invasive surgery provides my patients with many treatment options. I specialize in the surgical and endoscopic treatment of general surgical conditions. This includes treating gastroesophageal reflux, achalsia and esophageal cancer.
I believe in providing patient-focused care. Listening and communicating clearly with my patients is very important to me. I strive to provide them with the most effective, least invasive treatment possible. This can help increase their comfort level and reduce recovery time from surgery.
I enjoy working in Ohio State's innovative and collaborative environment — and working to create a cancer-free world. We take a comprehensive and well-coordinated team approach to patient care. This fosters excellence at every level and the highest standards of surgical care.
When I'm not on the job, I like to relax with my family, read and enjoy the outdoors.
- Co-Director, Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery Fellowship
- Associate Director for Research, Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, 2011
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Hernia, Hiatal
- Hernia, Diaphragmatic
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Barrett Esophagus
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophageal Motility Disorders
- Esophageal Cancers
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors
- Diverticulum, Esophageal
- Stomach Cancers
- Hernia, Abdominal
- Hernia, Umbilical
- Hernia, Ventral
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- General Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Locations Where I Practice
The James at Martha Morehouse Outpatient Care
Education and Training
Rush University Medical Center
7/1/2003 - 6/30/2007
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Oregon Health & Sciences University
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2009
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
152 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
35 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Perry has reported no relationships with companies or entities.