Rami Kahwash, MD
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-7677
About MeRami Kahwash, MD, is a cardiologist and an assistant professor of clinical medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Dr. Kahwash earned his medical degree from Damascus University in Damascus, Syria.
He completed his residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in cardiovascular medicine at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, Ky. Dr. Kahwash also completed a fellowship in heart failure, cardiac transplantation and device-based therapy for heart failure at The Ohio State University College of Medicine.
Dr. Kahwash has published peer-reviewed journal articles and is a member of several professional societies, including the American College of Cardiology, the Heart Failure Society of America and the American Medical Association.
His clinical interests include heart failure, cardiac transplantation, implantation of internal cardiac devices, invasive cardiology and diagnostic coronary angiography. Dr. Kahwash’s research interests focus on the area of cardiac resynchronization therapy and mechanical assist device for treatment of advanced heart failure.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Best Doctor in America 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Heart-Assist Devices
- Heart Transplantation
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Coronary Care Units
Locations Where I Practice
Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital
Education and Training
University of Damascus
University of Kentucky Hospital
7/1/2001 - 6/30/2003
University of Kentucky Hospital
7/1/2004 - 6/30/2007
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2008 - 6/30/2009
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology)
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Cardiovascular)
News About Me
- Ohio State First in U.S. to Test New Device to Improve Heart Failure Symptoms
- First Transcatheter Implant for Diastolic Heart Failure Successful
- Ohio State Studies If High-tech Vest Can Help Manage Heart Failure at Home
- Ohio State Evaluates First Transcatheter Implant for Diastolic Heart Failure
- January 2011 MedTips
104 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
24 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Kahwash has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- Akcea Therapeutics
- Pfizer, Inc.