If you’re experiencing a serious or life-threatening illness or injury, visit the closest emergency department or call 911.
Ohio State Advanced Urgent Care provides walk-in care for urgent, non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries seven days a week. In addition, we can also treat less urgent conditions. Our advanced level of care and diagnostics, supervised by emergency medicine physicians, gives you the expertise of a hospital emergency department but with shorter wait times and at a lower cost than visiting the emergency department.
Conditions we treat
- Sports and activity-related injuries such as broken bones, sprains and minor head and back injuries
- Burns, bruises and cuts requiring stitches
- Abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea and dehydration
- Painful urination or suspected bladder, kidney or urinary infections
- Postoperative concerns and suspected blood clots
- Sexual health concerns
- Cold, flu and COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, sore throat, fever and headache
- Eye, ear, throat, sinus and respiratory infections
Diagnostic tools and treatments
- Urgent X-rays
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- CT scan
- Lab tests including pregnancy, strep, COVID-19 and flu
- Casts, splints, walking boots, crutches and stitches
- IV/hydration infusions
Four convenient locations
Cost and Insurance
The visit is billed at a specialist rate, which is less than a visit to the emergency department.
Most insurances accepted. At the time of your visit, a specialist copay will be collected, and coinsurance may be applicable if testing is required.
Why choose Ohio State for advanced urgent care?
When you need care quickly for a non-life-threatening illness or injury, Ohio State offers four convenient locations that can save you time and money and provide you with quality care from our dedicated team of emergency medicine experts at the No. 1 ranked hospital in central Ohio. And if you require additional follow-up, our patient care managers will expedite appointments with an Ohio State provider, answer questions and ensure all your needs are met.