I believe that early and aggressive treatment of multiple sclerosis offers the very best chance for stopping this disease in its tracks.
In addition to my efforts in the treatment of multiple sclerosis, I have also had the honor of serving on the executive committee of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers as well as the Research Programs Advisory Committee of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University because of the opportunity to educate the youngest and brightest minds of our future. In my free time I like to relax with my family, travel and enjoy the outdoors.
- Harry Weaver Neuroscience Scholar of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 1994
- Young Investigator in Multiple Sclerosis of the American Academy of Neurology Education and Research Foundation, 1995
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Volunteer Hall of Fame, 2014
University of Medicine & Dentistry New Jersey Medical School
Emory University Hospital
7/1/1986 - 6/30/1989
Additional languages I speak
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Allergy and Immunology
- Myelitis, Transverse
- Neuromyelitis Optica
- Autoimmune Diseases of the Nervous System
- Multiple Sclerosis, Chronic Progressive
- Multiple Sclerosis, Relapsing-Remitting
- Diffuse Cerebral Sclerosis of Schilder
- Leukoencephalitis, Acute Hemorrhagic
- Optic Neuritis
- Demyelinating Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Encephalomyelitis, Autoimmune, Experimental
- Demyelinating Autoimmune Diseases, CNS
- Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated
Locations where I practice
More about my work
National Institutes of Health, NCCAM
7/1/1991 - 6/30/1993
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease
7/1/1989 - 6/30/1991
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Neurology)
News about me
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/25/2016, Dr. Racke has reported financial relationships with the medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-7802.
- Acorda Therapeutics
- American Academy of Neurology
- Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers
- Elsevier B.V.
- JAMA Neurology
- Teva Neuroscience