Michael Racke, MD
Appointments: (614) 293-4969
About MeAs a neurologist, I have devoted my career to caring for patients with multiple sclerosis, a disease that affects the central nervous system, and developing new treatments for this disease. I also specialize in other areas of neurology such as allergy and immunology, transverse myelitis and autoimmune diseases.
I believe that early and aggressive treatment of multiple sclerosis offers the very best chance for stopping this disease in its tracks.
In addition to my efforts in the treatment of multiple sclerosis, I have also had the honor of serving on the executive committee of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers as well as the Research Programs Advisory Committee of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University because of the opportunity to educate the youngest and brightest minds of our future. In my free time I like to relax with my family, travel and enjoy the outdoors.
- Harry Weaver Neuroscience Scholar of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 1994
- Young Investigator in Multiple Sclerosis of the American Academy of Neurology Education and Research Foundation, 1995
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Volunteer Hall of Fame, 2014
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of America’s “Top Doctors” for 2017
- Best Doctor in America 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Specialties and Conditions I Treat
- Allergy and Immunology
- Myelitis, Transverse
- Neuromyelitis Optica
- Autoimmune Diseases of the Nervous System
- Multiple Sclerosis, Chronic Progressive
- Multiple Sclerosis, Relapsing-Remitting
- Diffuse Cerebral Sclerosis of Schilder
- Leukoencephalitis, Acute Hemorrhagic
- Optic Neuritis
- Demyelinating Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Encephalomyelitis, Autoimmune, Experimental
- Demyelinating Autoimmune Diseases, CNS
- Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Medicine & Dentistry New Jersey Medical School
Emory University Hospital
7/1/1986 - 6/30/1989
National Institutes of Health, NCCAM
7/1/1991 - 6/30/1993
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease
7/1/1989 - 6/30/1991
More About My Work
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Neurology)
News About Me
111 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.6
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.7
3 Patient Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Racke has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-7802.
- AbbVie Pharmaceuticals
- American Academy of Neurology
- Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers
- JAMA Neurology
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company