About MeMy goal for each patient is to provide integrated and innovative treatment strategies and education and research for injuries and conditions affecting athletes in order to optimize performance.
I’m a member of Ohio State's Orthopaedics Department. I specialize in the operative and non-operative treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions of the shoulder, elbow, knee, foot and ankle. I am passionate about my career because I have been participating in sports for most of my life and want to help others do the same.
What I enjoy most about working here is serving as the team physician for The Ohio State University.
In my spare time, I enjoy traveling, relaxing with my family, attending Ohio State football games, working out, running and participating in fitness competitions.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2017
- Developed The Ohio State Sports Medicine Center Endurance Medicine Team
- Created a “gold standard” classification system for stress fractures
Specialties and conditions I treat
- Sports Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Athletic Performance
- Physical Endurance
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Ankle Injuries
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament
- Athletic Injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Fractures, Stress
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Instability
- Foot Injuries
Locations where I practice
Philip Heit Center for Healthy New Albany
Education and training
Wright State University School of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2006 - 6/30/2010
More about my work
UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
8/1/2010 - 7/31/2011
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Subspecialty: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine)
News about me
- Low BMI Can Increase Risk of Stress Fractures in Female Runners, Study Finds
- OSU Sports Medicine Symposium To Focus On Care And Injuries Of Endurance Athletes
- OSU Sports Medicine Symposium to Focus on Care and Injuries of Endurance Athletes
- New Surgical Technique Helps Make Achilles Tendon Repairs Stronger, Safer
118 Patient Satisfaction ReviewsThe patient satisfaction rating is an average of all responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/28/2017, Dr. Miller has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies.