Timothy Miller, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
About MeMy goal for each patient is to provide integrated and innovative treatment strategies and education and research for injuries and conditions affecting athletes in order to optimize performance.
I’m a member of Ohio State's Orthopaedics Department. I specialize in the operative and non-operative treatment of sports-related injuries and conditions of the shoulder, elbow, knee, foot and ankle. I am passionate about my career because I have been participating in sports for most of my life and want to help others do the same.
What I enjoy most about working here is serving as the team physician for The Ohio State University.
In my spare time, I enjoy traveling, relaxing with my family, attending Ohio State football games, working out, running and participating in fitness competitions.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2017
- Developed The Ohio State Sports Medicine Center Endurance Medicine Team
- Created a “gold standard” classification system for stress fractures
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Foot Injuries
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Athletic Performance
- Physical Endurance
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Ankle Injuries
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament
- Athletic Injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Fractures, Stress
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Instability
Locations Where I Practice
Philip Heit Center for Healthy New Albany
Education and Training
Wright State University School of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2006 - 6/30/2010
UPMC Presbyterian Hospital
8/1/2010 - 7/31/2011
More About My Work
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Subspecialty: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine)
News About Me
222 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.4
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
51 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Miller has reported no relationships with companies or entities.