The Ohio State University Hospital Emergency Department offers the most advanced levels of emergency care from experts who've devoted their professional and academic careers to emergency medicine.The University Hospital Emergency Department is:
- One of only two adult Level 1 Trauma Centers in central Ohio, able to care for the most serious injuries
- Central Ohio's only verified adult burn center
- Staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week with stroke care specialists in our certified comprehensive stroke program
- Central Ohio's only hyperbaric medicine center with chambers available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Directions and Parking
Do not drive yourself! Dial 911 to have an emergency vehicle transport you faster and safer than a friend or family member.
The Emergency Department entrance is at the corner of 10th Avenue and Dodd Drive. Signs will easily direct you to the entrance from Cannon Drive, Medical Center Drive or Neil Avenue.
View a map of the OSU Wexner Medical Center, including University Hospital, Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital and the James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
Spanish driving directions to OSU Wexner Medical Center
After dropping off a patient at the University Hospital Emergency Department, we recommend that you park in the nearby SAFEAUTO Garage.
Check CampusParc for pricing, real-time garage volume updates and issues affecting parking.
- Entrance ramp to southbound State Route 315 at Cannon Drive and 12th Avenue is now open
- 12th Avenue to Cannon Drive has reopened
- Cannon Drive, between 12th Avenue and Medical Center Drive, has reopened
- Lane closures along Cannon Drive will occur, however traffic will be maintained in both directions
- Left turns from westbound Medical Center Drive to southbound Cannon Drive are not permitted. Westbound Med Center Drive traffic must turn left on Old Cannon Drive to access King Avenue
- Access to North Cannon Garage is available via 12th Avenue
- 10th Avenue remains closed at Cannon Drive
- Cannon Drive, between John Herrick Drive and 12th Avenue, remains closed
- Patient pick-up and drop-off is located at entrance of Rhodes Hall, 450 W. 10th Ave.
Visiting a Patient
To visit an emergency patient, you must have permission from the physician and nurse caring for the patient. Children age 12 or younger must have permission of the charge nurse.