The care you receive at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is documented on your Electronic Medical Record (EMR), which you may hear referred to as your Epic or IHIS chart. You may request information from your medical record at any time.
How to Request Your Medical Records
There are three ways to request information from your medical record regarding your care at Ohio State.
- Download and complete the medical records authorization form and return it to the appropriate address indicated on the form.
- Request information directly from your MyChart account by selecting "Send us a Customer Service Request" under the Request My Record section.
- MyChart is a free and secure online portal to exchange messages with your provider, request appointments, renew prescriptions, check your test results and much more. The Ohio State MyHealth app makes MyChart accessible from your smartphone or tablet.
- Fax your request to Medical Information Management, at one of the fax numbers below:
- Continuing care: 614-293-5888
- All other requests: 614-366-9442
For additional information during normal business hours, please call Ohio State’s Medical Information Management:
- Main Campus at 614-293-8657
- East Hospital at 614-257-2544
For continuity of care requests after hours (Monday through Friday, 4 p.m. to 8 a.m.), on weekends and holidays, please contact 1-866-433-9682.