Web-based TBI Training Modules
The following web-based modules developed for health care and social service providers are available at tbi.osu.edu. These modules are appropriate for anyone who works with or cares for individuals who have experienced TBI. For those who wish to learn about TBI to meet their employer's expectations or for personal/professional growth there is no charge for completing modules. If you wish to earn continuing education credit there is a $20 per module fee.
Training modules with CEUs available
Synapshots from OVC
Accommodating the Symptoms of TBI
- Planning & Organization
- Mental Flexibility
Accommodating TBI Training Booklet (PDF)
Order Form for training booklets (PDF)
Long-Term Consequences of TBI
Learn more about the long term consequences for TBI (PDF)
Agitation with TBI
Agitation Guide (PDF)
Agitated Behavior Scale (PDF)
Rating Example (PDF)
Scenario 1: Jack (PDF)
Scenario 2: Sally (PDF)
About Continuing Education
We are an approved provider of continuing education credits for the following:
- Ohio Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (1.0 Hr)
- Ohio Chemical Dependency Board (2.0 RCH)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board (1.0 Hr)
- Ohio Psychological Association (1.0 Hr)
Other states or fields
Professionals in other states or other fields should check with their state licensing board to verify CE credits will be accepted. If after viewing the webinar you wish to download a generic certificate of completion, click here to complete an evaluation.
"What if there's a Traumatic Brain Injury?"
The live webinar was presented on Wednesday, February 26, 2014. Please select the appropriate recorded version option for your needs:
- To view the recorded webinar using Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer, click here.
- To view the recorded webinar using Google Chrome, click here.
- Give an Hour
- Brain Injury Association of America
- The Ohio Brain Injury Program
Ask an Expert Series
ContactOhio Valley Center for Brain Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
2118 Dodd Hall
480 Medical Center Drive
Columbus, OH 43210-1245
Phone: 614-293-3802, TTY Dial 711